Headshine nominated for 2013 OC Music Awards
Headshine is nominated by the 2013 OC Music Awards. Come surf the Tiki Bar with us Tuesday Feb 5, 2013. Headshine goes on at 10pm. Age 21+ Address: 1700 Placentia Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627. Tel (949) 270-6262. Free show thanks to 106.7FM KROQ, Bud Light, Farmer John, Best Buy, OC Weekly, Ernie Ball, ACE Agency, BMI.
OC Music Awards is Orange County’s premier annual music event, honoring the best and brightest in local talent. Over the past 12 years the Awards has provided a platform for local artists to gain recognition and exposure in one of the nation’s most vibrant music scenes. Each year the Awards presents a season of live music starting with a free weekly Showcase Series January through February, leading up to the Awards night ceremony on March 9, at the Grove of Anaheim, where the music industry comes together to honor the achievements of local artists in 27 genre categories.
Headshine on tour with Ziggy Marley
• Friday June 29, 2012 - 15th Annual Newport Sunset Music Series presents ZIGGY MARLEY with special guest HEADSHINE @ Newport Yatching Center in Newport Rhode Island. Gates open 5:30pm. HEADSHINE performs at 7pm on the Main Stage. Address: 4 Commercial Wharf, America's Cup Avenue, Newport, RI 02840. Tel (401) 846-1600. All Ages. General Admission: $42 / $62. Tickets now on sale at Tix.extremetix.com
Friday June 15, 2012 - Music On The Mount Summer Concert Series presents ZIGGY MARLEY with special guest HEADSHINE @ Mt. Laurel Pocono Mountains Performing Arts Center in Tamiment Pennsylvania. Gates open 5pm. HEADSHINE performs at 7pm on the Main Stage. Address: 1 Tamiment Rd, Tamiment, PA 18371. Tel (570) 588-2522. All Ages. General Admission $59.50 / $72.50. Tickets now on sale at Mountlaurelpac.ticketleap.com
New CD by Headshine hits iTunes + more tour dates announced
• The debut record "Better Things" by Headshine recently caught the attention of CBS radio. "Headshine, create music which conjures up these quintessential California moments with warm-bodied Latin acoustics, Bob Marley-inspired reggae riffs, persuasive percussion, and a fearless fader scratching that gives their sound an understated edge. Much like the typical native Californian, Headshine is a musical mosaic of melodies effortlessly melting into each other, supported by luminous lyrics prompting the listeners towards self-compassion and positive action. This sound transmuted into feeling is the kind of experience that has prompted many a youthful daydreamer into finding their own dreams with the peaceful churn of the Pacific Ocean as their soundtrack." -KROQ
Word of mouth kick-started the Huntington Beach artist toward the national stage and now Headshine is traveling cross country, and opening for iconic artists such as Ziggy Marley, England's renown English Beat, Jamaican reggae legends The Wailers, pop-punk’s Less Than Jake, the national rock band Lit, The Supervillians, Sashamon, and Al Anderson's Original Wailers.
Headshine recently performed live on television at Sundance Film Festival and also headlined the Morro Bay Beer Festival. Headshine performed at the grand opening of Villa San Juliette Vineyard hosted by TV producers Ken Warwick / Nigel Lythgoe, and was also featured in a new commercial by Metrolink. Headshine received 2 nominations from the 2012 OC Music Awards and was recently interviewed by KROQ after returning from a US tour to open for The Wailers @ House of Blues Anaheim. For upcoming concerts, cd's and more, see the official site.
More News Highlights
|New Music: Headshine||.|
Press | Media Highlights
• “People have trust in my ear, they are going to dig what they hear so keep me posted when you’re coming thru Vegas again and I’ll send folks to go with me to further scope you guys out." -Senior Account Manager, CBS Radio, Las Vegas KMXB Mix 94.1 FM
• "The guys were amazing. Nothing but positive and amazing reviews from students, colleagues, and staff. They were professional, on time, great to work with, and shared amazing talent. We will be putting this down in our records as a band to bring back in the very near future." -USU Events, Cal State University Northridge
• "The students loved Headshine. There are requests for CDs and another performance. It was a pleasure having them perform for us." -Associated Students of Idaho State University
• "This sounds great! I'm gonna give it a spin on my show tonight!" -91X FM, San Diego
• "The Huntington Beach singer/songwriter has cultivated a surfer/acoustic sound with a touch of reggae and California sunshine. With the backing of major-label producer, Jim Perkins and with the premiere of his first single "Better Things" on San Diego's 91X, things are definitely looking up..." -Performer Magazine
• “When you hear of a local band opening for Bob Marley’s legendary The Wailers, presumably you have high expectations for that band’s talent. Without any doubt, Headshine is the right band to get you in the mood. They provide a fresh smooth-mood sound of their native Huntington Beach, and are one band not to miss in Orange County." MusicInPress
• "They were great, and people definitely liked them." -Management of SoHo, Santa Barbara
• "They were amazing." -On The Rox, Roxy Theatre Hollywood
• "Headshine keeps it poppy and positive, very refreshing for a modern rock band. In 2009, a song written and performed as a one-time demo reached the ears of major label producer Jim Perkins and that kick-started the Huntington Beach, Calif., band toward the national stage. Now the group is traveling cross country.." Illinois Times
New Surf Video
• SURFLINE TV - Ever tried catching an overhead wave without paddling? Well if you're feelin' lucky, we have a few words for you... "vaya con dios". US Open surf champ Brett Simpson makes the impossible look easy while shooting through a tube in Mexico. Check out “Simpo’s No-Paddle Pit” featuring new music by Headshine now on Surfline that received over 125,000 views.